Apr 23, 2009

Light and reflection

Yellow willows reflected in a Monet-like pattern


Yesterday was one of April's come-outside-and-play days.

I finally left my office just before dinner, picked up my little digital camera, and drove to a near-by public path.



Don't you love these back pockets!

Others had the same idea – families, dog walkers, roller bladers, and bike riders, all loving the same opportunity.

The late afternoon sun uniquely highlighted logs, trees, and rocks.

In the right light, ordinary becomes beautiful


A little girl on a bike grinned as she realized I was taking her photo. A migrating warbler (I think) hovered in front of me, hummingbird-like, devouring invisible insects.


Serious bird photographer

A real photographer, with his camera on one end of a very long telescope, was capturing bird photos. He showed me some of his shots; he was good.

One message from my little walk was that Christ lights up even what appears ordinary and makes it beautiful, special, important. I want to become more aware of what that Christ light reveals all the time.

No comments: