Jul 29, 2008

23rd Psalm - a thoughtful view

Sheep trust their shepherd to keep them safe.



This came in an email. Someone sat down and asked the question of each line, "What does this mean?" Thought you might enjoy these conclusions.


Psalm 23
The Lord is my Shepherd = The most important Relationship, one of trust!


I shall not want = Supply!


He makes me to lie down in green pastures = Rest!


He leads me beside the still waters = Refreshment!


He restores my soul = Healing!


He leads me in the paths of righteousness = Guidance!


For His name sake = Purpose!


Yea, though I walk through the valley of
the shadow of death = Courage!


I will fear no evil = Protection!


For You are with me = Dependability!


Your rod and Your staff they comfort me = Discipline and safety!


You even prepare a table before me in the
presence of mine enemies = Peace!


You annoint my head with oil = Consecration!


My cup overflows = Abundance!


Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life = Peace and Blessing !


And I will dwell in the house of the Lord = Security!


Forever = Eternity!


No comments: