Mar 26, 2008

Simple blessings

Butterfly on a thistle


Someone sent this in an email, and I thought you might enjoy its worthwhile message.

A man deeply discouraged whispered,
“God speak to me.”
And a meadowlark sang.
But the man did not hear.

So the man shouted, “God, speak to me!”
And thunder rolled across the sky.
But the man did not hear.

He looked gloomily around and said, “God, show me a sign.”
Flowers bloomed all around him.
But the man did not see.

The man shouted, “God, show me a miracle.”
A grandchild was born.
But the man did not notice.

So the man cried in despair, “God, just touch me!”
Whereupon God reached out and touched the man.
But the man brushed the butterfly away.

The moral?
Don’t miss God’s blessings just because
they are not packaged as you expect them to be.

No comments: