Feb 6, 2009

Music and healing

Talents. Gifts. We all have them. I see our ability to share with one another, to support and encourage and bring out the best in each other as gifts from our Maker.

In the car earlier today, I was listening to beautiful music on Chicago's classical station. So incredibly pure were the strains from the violin that I wondered who the soloist was.

Turned out to be Rachel Barton Pine, a Chicago area woman who has had to prove her commitment to excellence after a tragic accident some years ago. She also played at the Chicago Annual Prayer Breakfast in December, and her performance was a pleasant surprise to me at that time.

Does music have power to heal? David played on his harp to soothe King Saul when the king was mentally deranged. Rachel's faith and her devotion to musical excellence sends a healing message to the whole world. I honor her perseverance and success.

Here is Rachel telling her faith story. CLICK HERE

No comments: